Table of contents:
- 1 General provisions
- 2 Personal Data Administrator
- 3 Contact details
- 4 Principles of personal data processing
- 5 Purposes and legal basis for processing personal data
- 6 Period of retention of personal data
- 7 Categories of personal data
- 8 Cookies
- 9 Data sharing
- 10 Customer entitlements
§1 General provisions
§2 Personal Data Administrator
The Administrator of the Personal Data of the Customers of the Internet Store is Gaming Supplements Spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością with its registered office in Warsaw, Nowy Świat 33 lok.13, 00-029 Warsaw, share capital PLN 40,750.00, entered in the Register of Entrepreneurs of the National Court Register kept by the District Court for the Capital City of Warsaw XII Commercial Division of the National Court Register under KRS number: 0000801283, NIP: 7010942894, REGON: 384220149 (hereinafter referred to as the "Administrator").
§3 Contact details
The Administrator can be contacted via e-mail address: email@example.com or in writing to: Gaming Supplements Sp. z o.o. , Nowy Świat 33 lok.13, 00-029 Warsaw.
§4 Principles of personal data processing
- The Administrator processes the Customers' personal data in accordance with the provisions of the RODO.
- The controller shall apply the technical and organisational measures required by Union law to ensure the protection of the personal data processed and to safeguard the personal data against unauthorised access, acquisition by unauthorised persons, unlawful processing and alteration, loss or destruction.
- The Administrator declares that the provision of data marked as required in the Online Shop is voluntary, but necessary for the use of the functionality, including for the establishment and maintenance of the Customer's account and for the placement and execution of the order.
- The Customer may agree to receive commercial information from the Administrator, including by means of electronic communication, and to use telecommunication terminal equipment for marketing purposes. Giving the above consents is voluntary, it is not a condition for the fulfilment of an order or for maintaining the Customer's account in the Online Shop.
§5 Purposes and legal basis for processing personal data
Customers' personal data will be processed for the following purposes:
- The maintenance of the Customer's account in the Online Shop (Article 6(1)(b) of the DPA),
- The fulfilment of orders in the Online Shop (Article 6(1)(b) RODO),
- Running the newsletter service (Article 6(1)(b) of the DPA),
- Direct marketing of the Administrator's own services and products, with the exception of the newsletter service, which is a legitimate interest of the Administrator (Article 6(1)(f) RODO),
- responding to a message sent via the contact form (chat widget) of the SalesMenago app (Article 6(1)(a) RODO, i.e. consent given by initiating contact),
- the implementation of the complaint or withdrawal process (Article 6(1)(b) RODO),
- analytical research, consisting in particular of researching and analysing the traffic on our website for the purpose of statistics, which is a legitimate interest of the Administrator (Art. 6(1)(f) RODO),
- archival (evidential) in the event of a legal need to prove facts, which is a legitimate interest of the Administrator (Article 6(1)(f) RODO),
- possible establishment, investigation or defence against claims which are the exercise of the Administrator's legitimate interest (Article 6(1)(f) of the DPA).
§6 Period of retention of personal data
Customer data will be stored for the following period:
- data relating to the Customer's account - for the duration of its maintenance in the Online Shop and no longer than until the Customer requests its deletion,
- data related to the processing of orders - for a period of 5 years from the end of the year in which the sale took place, unless further retention is justified by the limitation period for claims,
- the running of the newsletter service - until you unsubscribe from the newsletter,
- data related to the implementation of marketing activities - until you object,
- data related to answering an enquiry - until the correspondence is conducted or the consent given is withdrawn, unless further storage is justified by an overriding interest of the Administrator, such as defence against possible claims.
- data related to the execution of the complaint or withdrawal process - for a period of 5 years from the end of the year in which the complaint was handled or the contract was withdrawn,
- the keeping of statistics, until an objection is raised, but for a period of no longer than 50 months from the last activity of the customer on the website
- archiving purposes - for as long as necessary for that purpose,
- the establishment, investigation or defence of claims, for the period of time necessary for that purpose.
§7 Categories of personal data
- The Administrator collects, processes and stores the following Customer data:
- in connection with the creation of a customer account: e-mail address, name, address, telephone number and, in the case of entrepreneurs, also VAT and company name;
- in connection with the order: e-mail address, name, address, telephone number and, in the case of entrepreneurs, also VAT and company name;
- in connection with the sending of a message via the contact form or widget of the Klaviyo application: e-mail address, name and telephone number;
- in connection with the provision of the newsletter service: e-mail address.
- When using the Online Shop, the Administrator collects and gathers information automatically, such as IP address, request URL, device identifier, amount of time spent on individual pages, browser type, browser language, date and time of use, screen resolution , type and version of operating system, and other such information.
- The web shop uses small files, known as cookies. They are stored on the end device of the person visiting the Online Shop, if the Internet browser allows it.
- Cookies are IT data, in particular text files, which are stored on the Customer's terminal equipment and are intended for the use of the Online Shop. Cookies usually contain the name of the website they come from, the time they are stored on the end device and a unique number.
- Cookies are used for the following purpose:
- to recognise the device used by the customer in order to display the content of the page appropriately,
- the creation of statistics to help us understand how customers use the websites, so that we can improve their structure and content,
- maintaining a session of the Customer of the Internet Shop, thanks to which the Customer does not have to re-enter his/her login and password on each sub-page of the Internet Shop,
- to adapt the content and functioning of the Online Shop by matching an anonymous, randomly generated tracking identifier, which makes it possible, among other things, to find out where the customer comes from, which search engine they used, which link they clicked on, which keywords they typed in and at what point they stopped using the Online Shop,
- the collection of general and anonymous data for the implementation of advertising campaigns via remarketing lists, allowing the display of advertising content tailored to the Customer's preferences.
- Web browsers usually allow cookies to be stored on the Customer's terminal device by default. Customers can change their settings in this regard. The web browser allows the deletion of stored cookies, as well as the automatic blocking of cookies. Please refer to the help or documentation of your Internet browser for details.
§9 Data sharing
- Customers' personal data may be transferred to entities to which the Administrator entrusts the processing of personal data on the basis of contracts and to entities entitled to obtain personal data on the basis of legal provisions.
- For the purpose of fulfilling the contract concluded through the Internet Shop and ensuring the proper functioning of the Shop, the Administrator shall make the Customers' personal data available to service providers in particular:
- electronic payments,
- IT and software supply,
- marketing for the operation of the online shop.
§10 Customer rights
- The Customer has the right of access to his/her data and the right to request rectification, erasure or restriction of processing. To the extent that the processing of personal data is based on the premise of a legitimate interest of the controller, the Customer has the right to object to the processing of his/her personal data.
- To the extent that the processing of the Customer's personal data is based on consent, the Customer has the right to withdraw consent. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of the processing that was carried out on the basis of consent prior to its withdrawal.
- To the extent that the Customer's data is processed for the purpose of concluding and performing the Contract or processed on the basis of consent - the Customer also has the right to data portability, i.e. to receive personal data from the controller, in a structured, commonly used machine-readable format. The Customer may send this data to another controller.
- The customer also has the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection supervisory authority.